Royal Canin Veterinary – Renal has excellent palatability and was created specifically for cats who suffer from chronic kidney disease. If left untreated, it can turn much more serious, leading to issues like urinary stones. Sadly, many cats experience a loss of appetite and go off their normal food, which is why Royal Canin Renal is the ideal long-term solution. It meets the exact nutritional requirements of cats with kidney disease and hepatic encephalopathy. It combats chronic kidney disease by lowering the workloads of the kidneys, and with the help of an antioxidant complex, alkalising agents, and reduced phosphorus content.
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Prophylactic prevention of urate and cystine stones stones
- Prophylactic prevention of calcium oxalate stones with simultaneous renal insufficiency
- Pregnancy, lactation, kittens
- Special formula to manage chronic kidney disease: thanks to long chain omega-3 fatty acids EPA & DHA, an antioxidant complex, and a reduced phosphorus content.
- Minimises stress on the kidneys: with high quality proteins that prevent uremic crisis by lowering the workload of the kidneys.
- Contains alkalising agents: which prevent metabolic acidosis and help your cat find a metabolic equilibrium.
- High acceptance rate: thanks to fantastic palatability which entices your cat to eat.
Length of treatment:
- It is advisable to keep your cat on this diet for the rest of its life. Early dietetic measures to treat CKD are recommended.
Therapeutic veterinary diets are carefully formulated and recommended to be used in conjunction with veterinary advice and support.
Royal Canin strongly recommend you seek advice from your Vet prior to and during feeding of any of these products to