Make every bowl count
Iam's contribution to pet nutrition started in 1946 when Paul F. Iams founded IAMS Petfoods. IAMS was an animal nutritionist, who spent time with vets and breeders to develop a nutritional philosophy based on the fact that cats and dogs are primarily carnivores. His ideas were instrumental in developing the first dry dog food based on animal protein, and have gone on to shape shape the petfood industry as we know it today. IAMS commitment to pet health and welfare have brought innovations such as foods for multi-cat households and formulas tailored to life stage, such as senior dog foods. IAMS foods proactively nourish your pet to promote lean and strong muscle, a healthy digestive system, strong teeth and bones, a healthy heart, healthy skin and shiny coat as well as a robust immune system.
Furthermore IAMS was one of the first brands to:
- Feed cats and dogs as carnivores, with a diet high in protein.
- Develop dry foods that are based on animal protein, suited to the nutritional needs of each species.
- Tailor foods to suit each life stage and size of animal, including growing puppies.
IAMS offers a variety of foods for cats and dogs:
- IAMS Puppy Food: puppy foods for different breed sizes.
- IAMS Dry Dog Food: dry dog foods tailored to breed sizes and different nutritional needs.
- IAMS Adult Dog Food: with variants for large and small breeds.
- IAMS Large Dog Food: food specifically for dogs over 25kg.
- IAMS Dry Cat Food: specially formulated to provide the special nutritional requirements of your cat throughout the various phases of her life.
- IAMS Wet Cat Food: with the IAMS Proactive nutrition recipe, to support your cat's health through its optimal content of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
Back to the top