Royal Canin Feline Veterinary – Mobility is a specialised dry food for cats with joint diseases. It is also well suited for pre- and post-surgery on the musculoskeletal system. There are many causes for joint disorders in cats; for some, genetic predisposition plays a role, for others, it is a sign of ageing. However, the most common cause of joint injuries is obesity. If your cat has a joint disease, Royal Canin Feline Veterinary – Mobility offers delicious kibble and helps promote healthy joints. To help alleviate the symptoms of joint diseases, this food has been formulated with nutrients from New Zealand green-lipped mussel extracts and long-chain fatty acids EPA and DHA, which can also lessen any inflammations in the joints. A special antioxidant complex also offers protection against free radicals.
- Joint diseases
- Pre- and post-surgery on the musculoskeletal system
- Pregnancy or lactation
- Joint complex plus: the nutrients from New Zealand green-lipped mussels (Perna canliculus) can help to improve symptoms of joint disease.
- Antioxidant complex: a synergistic complex of antioxidants (vitamin E, vitamin C, taurine, lutein) can help protect the body cells against attacks from free radicals, support the immune system and prevent against premature cell ageing.
- Moderate phosphorus content: can help support renal function.
- EPA and DHA fatty acids: can bring any inflammations in the joints under control. EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) are long-chain omega-3 fatty acids.
- If you consistently feed your cat Royal Canin Feline Veterinary – Mobility, you can expect to see an improvement in joint health after 6-8 weeks. This food can also be fed as a life-long treatment.
The nutrients from the green-lipped mussels are extracted through an exclusive, patented process. The mussels are dehydrated to preserve the chondroprotective effect. The green-lipped mussels contain both glycosaminoglycans and also omega-3 fatty acids, such as eicosatetraenoic acid, which have an anti-inflammatory effect on the joints.
Therapeutic veterinary diets are carefully formulated and recommended to be used in conjunction with veterinary advice and support.
Royal Canin strongly recommend you seek advice from your vet prior to and during feeding of any of these products to your pet.