Being overweight not only affects your pet's well-being, it can also have long-term effects on your pet's health and ultimately reduce its life expectancy. Royal Canin Veterinary - Satiety Support SAT 34 is a complete cat food with a low energy density and will help your pet to lose weight.
Proteins have 30% less energy compared with a comparable level of carbohydrates.
The benefits of a high protein, low calorie diet are many:
- Well accepted
- Counteracts muscle loss during a weight reduction programme
- If your pet is overweight
- Diabetes mellitus
- Pregnancy or lactation, kittens
- High fibre: Selected fibres, chicory pulp and psyllium husks and seeds ensure that your cat feels full up quickly and that this feeling of satiety lasts for a long time.
- Balanced nutrients: A high concentration of minerals and vitamins help to compensate for the energy restrictions and ensure a balanced supply of vital nutrients.
- Joint support : Chondroitin sulphate and glucosamin help to maintain normal mobility in the highly stressed joints of obese pets and have a positive effect on degenerative joint disease.
- EPA/DHA: Essential fatty acids (omega 3 and omega 6) and trace elements (Cu, Zn) keep skin healthy and your pet's coat shiny.
Changing your pet's diet and length of treatment:
The length of time your pet needs to stay on a reducing diet depends on how much weight needs to be lost. Weight should be lost slowly to ensure your pet stays healthy and only loses fat tissue from the body. Ideal weight loss is 1 to 3% of the bodyweight per week. Too rapid weight loss can cause feline hepatic lipidosis or lead to other illnesses. Once your cat has reached its target weight it should be weighed regularly to ensure that it maintains an ideal body weight.
Therapeutic veterinary diets are carefully formulated and recommended to be used in conjunction with veterinary advice and support. Royal Canin strongly recommend you seek advice from your Vet prior to and during feeding of any of these products to your pet.