Reduced kidney function and renal disease can have many causes in cats. It often results from a previous illness, or can be caused by nutritional or hereditary factors. Cats with renal problems require a special diet with a reduced content of protein and phosphorous.
Integra Protect Renal is a balanced wet food that addresses these specific needs and helps to relieve the kidneys. Cats with renal problems are typically not able to digest high levels of phosphorous and have difficulty eliminating the by-products of protein. Food too rich in protein can often risk further compromising an already hampered pair of kidneys. This is why the protein and phosphorous content of Integra Protect Renal has been reduced. The protein used is of the highest quality in order to compensate for your cat’s need to consume it in relatively small quantities. The recipe is completely grain free, making it suitable for cats with grain or gluten intolerances. It contains potato as an easily digestible and nutritious source of carbohydrates.
The ease with which cats can digest Integra Protect Renal sets it apart from its competitors. In the interest of promoting optimal nutritional levels in your pet, the recommended daily ration should be divided amongst three meals a day if at all possible.Integra Protect Renal at a glance:
- Complete food for cats with limited kidney functions
- Dietary food for kidney relief
- Reduced protein and phosphorous content
- Grain free: suitable for cats with grain or gluten intolerances
- With potatoes: a nutritious and easily digestible source of carbohydrates
- High quality proteins: to supply the necessary protein within a reduced quantity
- Free from sugar, soya, and artificial additives