Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Feline DM ST/OX - Diabetes is a complete dietetic dry kibble designed to help to regulate glucose supply in cats with diabetes mellitus aged over 6 months. Diabetes mellitus is a common illness in cats, with its causes often being obesity or a genetic predisposition to the disease. If your cat suffers from diabetes, its blood sugar levels can fluctuate in an uncontrolled way, as the body’s production of insulin is impaired.
The recipe of Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Feline DM ST/OX - Diabetes contains limited amounts of carbohydrate and total sugars (mono- and disaccharides), which can help to regulate glucose supply and reduce blood glucose variation. As well as being clinically proven to reduce insulin requirements in diabetic cats, the food is also rich in antioxidants such as vitamin E, which can help to reduce oxidative stress. The special formula can also help to inhibit the formation of struvite and oxalate urinary stones.
Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Feline DM ST/OX - Diabetes at a glance:
- Dietetic complete dry food for adult cats to help regulate glucose supply in diabetes mellitus
- Clinically proven to reduce insulin requirements in diabetic cats
- Reduced total sugar levels: including both mono- and disaccharides, helping to regulate glucose supply
- Low in carbohydrates: can help to reduce the risk of blood glucose variation
- Increased vitamin E content: to help reduce oxidative stress
- Urinary tract health: can help to combat the formation of struvite and oxalate stones
- Please consult your vet before feeding your pet with a veterinary diet. Your vet will be able to give further information and advice on possible treatment
- When feeding your pet with a veterinary diet, you should take your pet to the vet for a check-up at least every 6 months
- Should your pet's health worsen while using this product, please seek veterinary advice immediately
- By adding this product to your shopping basket you are confirming that you have read and understood the above information