Complete dry food for cats over 1 year which suffer from chronic or temporary renal insufficiency. Supports the renal function and helps to reduce oxalate stone formation.
- Please seek your vet's advice before using this food or extending the feeding period.
- When feeding your cat with a veterinary diet you should consult your vet regularly for check-ups.
- If your cat's health deteriorates please seek veterinary advice immediately.
Cats with chronic kidney disease often lose their interest in food. It is important that you feed your pet a food which is highly palatable and tempts your cat to eat.
Royal Canin Veterinary - Renal RF 23 is an energy dense cat food, especially formulated for pets with kidney failure. Even a small portion of this food provides your pet with energy and dietetic support.
- Chronic renal insufficiency (CRI)
- Urate and cystine urolithiasis
- Pregnancy, lactation, puppies
Changing your pet's diet and length of treatment:
- Vegetable protein: Digestible, high quality protein from vegetables is easier to assimilate and better tolerated by cats with liver encephalosis.
- Low phosphorus: A low phosphorus intake can support renal function in cats with chronic renal insufficiency.
- Vascular support: Selected nutrients can help renal filtration
- Antioxidant complex: A patented synergistic complex of antioxidants (vitamin E, vitamin C, taurine, lutein) can help to neutralise free radicals
- Digestive system: Selected nutrients to support a balanced digestive system.
The earlier you start feeding your cat a specialised diet, the more effective it will be. If your pet suffers from chronic kidney disease it may be necessary to feed your cat Royal Canin Veterinary - Renal RF 23 for the rest of its life.
Cats with chronic renal failure suffer from a lack of appetite. Royal Canin Veterinary - Renal RF 23 is very tasty and easy to chew, even for cats with gingivitis. The high antioxidant content can help to neutralise free radicals.
Therapeutic veterinary diets are carefully formulated and recommended to be used in conjunction with veterinary advice and support. Royal Canin strongly recommend you seek advice from your Vet prior to and during feeding of any of these products to your pet.