The Feliway® Diffuser mimics the natural pheromones that your cat relies on to identify safety and security. It can also help relieve tensions in a multi-cat household, creating a relaxed atmosphere.
Your cat can easily feel tense or insecure when faced with unfamiliar experiences and environments, including sudden onsets of loud noise, going to the vet or moving house. The Feliway® Diffuser is a great way to combat this anxiety, helping your cat feel at ease by leaving pheromone-traces. These indicate that the cat is in a safe area, with the diffuser creating a copy of those scents naturally used by felines.
The Feliway® Diffuser helps your cat to view new settings with ease and a sense of familiarity, rather than somewhere stressful or threatening. Once the diffuser is plugged in, the calming pheromone-traces begin to spread throughout your house. It is expected to last around a month in a 50-70m² space, with additional vials available to purchase separately.
Feliway® can be used in either diffuser- or spray-format, with both being equally effective at calming cats suffering from stress-related issues. It is very useful for bringing a new cat into a multi-cat household.
The benefits of Feliway® Diffuser:
- Can be used to prevent stress surrounding new experiences, e.g. moving house or transporting your cat when staying away from home
- Available as a diffuser for in the home and a compact spray for use on the move
- Offers a synthetic replica of the feline facial pheromone F3
- Decreases stress and gives a sense of security and tranquility in unfamiliar settings
- For best results, use Feliway® for one week prior to potentially stressful events for your cat and for at least four weeks afterwards
- When training your cat, use Feliway® for two extra weeks to ensure successful completion
- Appropriate for long-term use
- Doesn't conceal bad smells
- Helps calm cats that suffer when faced with noise or stress
- Ideal integration aid for multi-cat households
- Suitable for cats of all ages and even sick cats
- No negative side effects
- Scent cannot be detected by humans or other animals
- Excellent preventative measure for spray and scratch marking
- Leaves no marks or stains
The Feliway® Diffuser is incredibly easy to operate:
- Remove the cap, screw the diffuser onto the vial and tighten gently.
- With the diffuser attached to the vial, plug it into a socket in the room where your cat feels most at ease or marks most frequently.
- Ensure that the vial is below the diffuser when plugged in.
- The diffuser starts to diffuse the pheromones as soon as it is plugged in.
- Important: Ensure that the diffuser is not covered in any way, such as by curtains or furnitures, as this could cause blockages that prevent the pheromones from flowing freely in the room.
- Use the Feliway® spray as a reinforcement of the diffuser if your cat marks very often.
- Several Feliway® diffusers are needed in large or multi-storey homes.
- In an area of approx. 50-70m2, expect a 48ml vial to last roughly a month.
- Do not scold your cat if it starts or continues to mark whilst the Feliway® diffuser is plugged in, as this will only increase its stress.
- The diffuser should be plugged in for a minimum of 4 weeks.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Always consult your vet if your cat is showing signs of stress. Your cat's problem may be of a clinical origin and may require further treatment.
- Do not spray in the eyes, or on open wounds. If you get any in your eyes, rinse immediately with water and consult a doctor
- Please read the instructions before use.
- If you should accidentally swallow any of the liquid please get immediate medical advice and show the product label.
Recycling is a great way to help protect our environment.
Find out how to dispose of used batteries and electrical items (WEEE) responsibly.
bitiba GmbH is a member of the European Recycling Platform WEEE & Battery Compliance Scheme.
Please note the following important delivery details:
- Delivery is exclusively to mainland UK. We are currently unable to deliver these products to a small minority of UK postcodes, including offshore islands, the Scottish Highlands, the Channel Islands and Northern Ireland.
- This product is only for domestic use and may not be sold for commercial use.
Highly flammable liquid and vapours. May cause severe eye irritation.
Have packaging to hand if medical advice is needed. Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks and open flames. Do not smoke.
IN CASE OF CONTACT WITH EYES:
rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove any contact lenses if present and easily handled. Continue to rinse. Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep cool. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local and national regulations.