The refill for the Feliway® diffuser contains a synthetic copy of the feline facial pheromone used by cats to mark their territory, allowing them to feel safe and secure.
Feliway® Diffusers allow your cat to feel safe and secure while promoting happiness, even when in unfamiliar surroundings. When a cat feels happy and safe in its environment, it deposits pheromone (scent) marks on furniture and other prominent objects. These marks help to send signals of well-being and a feeling of safety. Feliway® mimics the cat’s natural facial pheromones to create a state of familiarity and security in the cat's local environment.
The 48ml refill vial should last for roughly 4 weeks in a space of 50-70 m².
Feliway® is available as a diffuser and as a spray and can be used in the following situations:
- To calm your cat if it is showing symptoms of stress
- To make your cat feel safe and secure
- To help integrate multi-cat households
- To reduce stress when there is disruption to your cat’s environment
WHICH IS REFILL IS RIGHT FOR MY FELIWAY® DIFFUSER?
The top of the packaging indicates which diffuser and refill go together.
Feliway® at a glance:
- Available as a diffuser and as a smaller, spray version for when you are out and about
- Feliway® doesn't leave any marks or stains
- Contains synthetic copy of the feline facial pheromone F3
- Ideally start to use Feliway® about 1 week prior to any event which may stress your cat. Continue to use it for at least 4 weeks after the event
- When training your cat continue to use Feliway® for a further two weeks successful completion
- No side effects
- Also suitable for long-term use
- Reduces stress and creates a feeling of safety and well-being in unfamiliar situations
- Ideal as a preventative measure against spray and scratch marking
- Use as a preventative measure in new environments (when moving home, transporting your cat, when staying away from home)
- Helps to calm cats which are noise sensitive or stressed
- Doesn't cover up nasty odours
- Suitable as an integration aid in a multi-cat household
- Feliway® is suitable for cats of all ages and also for sick cats
- The diffuser is designed for use in Europe and therefore comes with a power adapter for use in the UK.
- Odourless to people and other animals
How to use Feliway®:
- Remove the vial cap and screw the diffuser onto the vial and gently tighten.
- Plug the diffuser with vial into a socket in the room where your cat is marking or where it likes to be.
- Make sure when plugging the Feliway® diffuser in, that the vial is beneath the diffuser
- Once plugged in the diffuser immediately starts to distribute the pheromones into the circulating air.
- In large homes, or if your home is on more than one storey, you should plug in several Feliway® diffusers.
- Leave the Feliway® diffuser plugged in for at least 4 weeks
- A 48ml vial will last about 4 weeks in an area approx. 50-70 m².
- If you cat continues or starts to mark while the Feliway® diffuser is plugged in, please do not punish or tell your cat off. This will only stress your pet out even more.
- If your cat persistently marks you can reinforce the effect of the Feliway® diffuser with the Feliway® spray.
- Important: Please make sure that the diffuser is not covered by furniture or curtains, as this can run the risk of building up blockages, which may prevent the pheromones from dispersing in the room properly.
- Always consult your vet if your cat is showing signs of stress. Your cat's problem may be of a clinical origin and may require further treatment.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Please read the instructions before use.
- If you should accidentally swallow any of the liquid please get immediate medical advice and show the product label.
- Do not spray in the eyes, or on open wounds. If you get any in your eyes, rinse immediately with water and consult a doctor
Please note the following important delivery details:
- Delivery is exclusively to mainland UK. We are currently unable to deliver these products to a small minority of UK postcodes, including offshore islands, the Scottish Highlands, the Channel Islands and Northern Ireland.
- This product is only for domestic use and may not be sold for commercial use.