Balanced, dietetic dry kibble for dogs older than 1 suffering from chronic or temporary renal insufficiency. Promotes kidney function and helps to reduce the formation of oxalate stones.
- Please seek your vet's advice before using this food or extending the feeding period.
- When feeding your dog with a veterinary diet you should consult your vet regularly for check-ups.
- If your dog's health deteriorates please seek veterinary advice immediately.
Dogs with chronic kidney disease often lose their interest in food. It is important that you feed your pet a food which is highly palatable and tempts your dog to eat.
Royal Canin Veterinary - Renal RF 14 is an energy dense dog food, especially formulated to support renal function
in the case of chronic or temporary renal insufficiency, through its low level of phosphorus and high quality protein.
Moreover, it is formulated to reduce oxalate stone formation
, through its low level of calcium and vitamin D, and its urine alkalising properties.
- Chronic renal insufficiency (CRI)
- Urate and cystine urolithiasis
- Prevention of calcium oxalate and kidney failure
- Pregnancy, lactation, puppies
Changing your pet's diet and length of treatment:
- Low phosphorus: A low phosphorus intake is key to help support renal function in dogs with chronic renal insufficiency
- Vascular support: Nutrients that help support good renal filtration
- Antioxidant complex: A patented synergistic complex of antioxidants to help neutralise free radicals.
- Digestive system: Nutrients which support a balanced digestive system
The earlier you start feeding your dog a specialised diet, the more effective it will be. If your pet suffers from chronic kidney disease it may be necessary to feed your dog Royal Canin Veterinary - Renal RF 14 for the rest of its life.
Dogs with chronic renal failure suffer from a lack of appetite. Royal Canin Veterinary - Renal RF 14 is very tasty and easy to chew, even for dogs with gingivitis. The high antioxidant content can help to neutralise free radicals.
Therapeutic veterinary diets are carefully formulated and recommended to be used in conjunction with veterinary advice and support. Royal Canin strongly recommend you seek advice from your Vet prior to and during feeding of any of these products to your pet.