This balanced dietetic dry food helps with weight management for adult dogs with diabetes mellitus or hyperlipidemia. Contains more protein & fibre to boost satiety and help the dog feel full between meals.
- Please seek your vet's advice before using this food or extending the feeding period.
- When feeding your dog with a veterinary diet you should consult your vet regularly for check-ups.
- If your dog's health deteriorates please seek veterinary advice immediately.
Royal Canin Satiety Small Dog is designed to meet the nutritional requirements and support a weight management programme for small dogs weighing up to 10kg. It can also be implemented to help with diabetes mellitus and make it easier for your dog to stay at a healthy weight.
Small dogs are especially likely to suffer from issues with their weight, which generally has two causes. The dog may be over-fed, lacking in exercise, or a combination of both factors. Excess weight can pose a considerable health risk and decrease life expectancy as well as its short-term wellbeing.
This complete food utilises a mixture of higher protein content and special fibre combination to help increase satiety and keep your dog full between meals while maintaining muscle mass. It is fortified with essential vitamins and minerals to make sure all nutritional requirements are taken care of during the diet. These also contribute to good oral health.
Recommended for (indications):
Not recommended for (contraindications):
- Diabetes mellitus
- Weight maintenance
- Lactating bitches, pregnant bitches or puppies
- Chronic ailments that require a higher calorie nutrition
Duration of treatment:
- Fullness: A special combination of fibres to promote a feeling of fullness so that your dog consumes less food.
- High protein content: The increased protein content supports the feeling of fullness and preserves muscle mass.
- Oral health: Selected nutrients can help to promote good oral and dental hygiene.
- Balanced nutrition: Added minerals and vitamins help to ensure good nutrition in spite of the lower calorie intake.
The daily feeding amount is set based on a target healthy weight and how overweight your dog is at the time of starting to use this food. The best rate of weight loss is 1 – 3% per week. After reaching a healthy weight, you can switch to using Royal Canin’s Obesity Management, Weight Control or Neutered products to help your dog to maintain their ideal weight. In the weight maintenance phase, your dog should only consume up to 10% more calories than in the most recent weight loss phase.