Royal Canin Veterinary - Renal Select RSE 24 is a dry cat food that is suitable for use as a dietetic solution for cats with temporary renal insufficiency or for cats with longer-term conditions such as chronic kidney disease. There are a variety of causes for renal disease and it is not always easy to diagnose in its early stages. Cats may naturally lose kidney function in old age and the signs may include a loss of appetite.
Royal Canin Veterinary - Renal Select RSE 24 an be used as a permanent diet for cats that have been diagnosed with kidney insufficiency. Using a dietetic food can help to reduce progressive damage to the kidneys. The kibble has a crunchy shell and a soft core so it is appetising and very palatable, to encourage your cat to eat if it is suffering from low appetite. The food also has a high energy density to help limit weight loss. The adapted high quality protein content helps to reduce the kidney workload. It also contains EPA and DHA as well as an antioxidant complex and it has a low phosphorus content.
- Prophylactic prevention of calcium oxalate stones with simultaneous renal insufficiency
- Prophylactic prevention of urate and cystine stones stones
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Pregnancy, lactation, kittens
- Reduces kidney workload: An increased kidney workload can lead to a uremic crisis. This food has an adapted high quality protein content which helps to reduce the kidney workload.
- Dietetic management of chronic kidney disease: Formulated to support kidney function in case of chronic renal disease. With EPA and DHA, an antioxidant complex and low phosphorus content
- High energy content: The high energy density of the kibble helps to limit weight loss.
- Well accepted: The tasty food is highly palatable and will tempt your cat to eat.
- If your cat is suffering from chronic renal insufficiency it is advisable to keep your cat on this diet for the rest of its life. Please make sure your cat is checked regularly. Early dietetic measures are recommended.
Therapeutic veterinary diets are carefully formulated and recommended to be used in conjunction with veterinary advice and support.
Royal Canin strongly recommend you seek advice from your Vet prior to and during feeding of any of these products to your pet.