The most comprehensive DNA test for dogs with an extensive breed report, health insights and physical traits for more than 365 breeds - all in simple 3 steps.
Almost every dog owner would be intrigued to learn more about their beloved pet - breed mix, genetic traits, underlying conditions and family tree. With 20+ years of scientific research
, and developed by top geneticists and veterinarians, Wisdom Panel offers the most comprehensive overview of all these insights so that you can provide your pet with the care that suit their unique needs.
The Wisdom Panel™ Premium Dog DNA Test can detect over 365 breeds, types and varieties
. It is based on the world's largest pet database, a sophisticated algorithm and strategically placed markers, ensuring that thorough evaluation of the submitted DNA can result in meaningful results. It includes screening against 260+ genetic conditions and 50+ physical traits
. All to help you plan for your dog's daily and long-term care
The results of the Wisdom Panel™ Premium Dog DNA Test can be checked in an online report, which contains the general highlights, ancestry and a family tree data, health and traits information. Additionally, if your dog's DNA test result show any 'at-risk' health concerns, Wisdom Panel's licensed veterinarians will be able to answer your questions over a free phone call
Test your dog’s DNA in 3 simple steps – this is how it works:
Wisdom Panel™ Premium Dog DNA Test at a glance:
Activate your kit online
Register your kit and get instant access to our Learning Lab and other features by using our online activation tool.
Collect your dog's DNA
Use the 2 swabs provided to collect skin cells from inside your dog's cheek. Once they have dried, you're ready to go!
Post your sample
Seal the sample inside the pre-paid return container to send the DNA sample to the lab. After as little as 3 weeks, you can view the results online.
- Premium DNA test for dogs
- Offers fast results in 3 simple steps: activate the kit online, take a DNA sample, use the pre-paid envelope to send it back to Wisdom's UK labs for processing
- Detailed analysis:
- Breed characteristics with detailed information on the recognised breeds your dog has been linked to based on its physical and behavioural traits
- Screening for 260+ medical conditions that may cause problems during routine procedures, such as spaying and neutering or MDR1
- Prediction on your dog's weight, which can be useful as a nutrition guideline
- Extensive knowledge and support: discuss 'at-risk' health findings with a vet
*Only for use within the United Kingdom. Please do not use the prepaid return envelope from outside of the UK as the sample may not reach our lab.
- How long does it take to get my results?
- You should receive your results 2-3 weeks after our lab receives your pet's DNA sample. We’ll send you an email when your results are ready. Please note: due to the digital nature of our product your results will be available in your online account only. No physical report will be mailed.
- How can I track my Wisdom Panel sample online?
- You can follow the progress of your DNA sample online with our test tracker. To see the tracker, log into your account and click on the status of the sample in question.
- Can I get a printed copy of my report?
- For most Wisdom Panel™ results, the option to download and print a Technical Report is available by visiting your pet's “highlight” tab. At the bottom of that page, you'll find a button that says "Download Technical Report".
- Can a Wisdom Panel test determine the sex of the dog tested?
- It can. The report will always default to the gender of the dog that was entered at activation, but we are able to see the dog's genetic gender in the raw data.
- Can I DNA test my puppy?
- Yes! Wisdom Panel is designed for dogs of all ages and is safe and easy to use at any stage in a dog's life. That said, we recommend waiting until a puppy has been weaned to prevent cross-contamination from skin and other cells within the mother’s milk. Also, please note, it can be very difficult to observe breed traits in puppies as they are growing and developing rapidly. Most dogs will not achieve their final mature physical traits until they are at least one to two years of age.