The world's most comprehensive DNA test for cats with a full breed report and extensive health insights, 25+ physical traits and multi-generational ancestry analysis.
Have you ever wondered about your cat's breed mix, ancestral origins or any underlying health conditions to ensure presonalised daily and long-term care? With Wisdom Panel™ Complete Cat DNA Test you can find out more about your cat's origins and health conditions, and learn about interesting physical traits
such as hair colour and texture or tail length.
The Wisdom Panel™ Complete Cat DNA Test can detect over 70 breeds
and populations. It is based on a comprehensive breeding database and a custom genotyping methodology to ensure meaningful results, trace your cat's ancestral origins and narrow down their breed mix to 1%.
It also includes testing for 45 genetic health conditions
to support you in proactive planning for your pet's well-being, as well as 25+ traits
to learn about your cat's physical characteristics such as shedding, ideal weight range and more.
The results of the The Wisdom Panel™ Complete Cat DNA Test can be checked in an online report, which includes the complete breed make-up and ancestral origins, blood type, genetical health conditions and physical traits. Additionally, if your cat's DNA test result show any notable health concerns, Wisdom Panel's licensed veterinarians will be able to answer your questions over a free phone call
Test your cat's DNA in 3 simple steps – this is how it works:
Wisdom Panel™ Complete Cat DNA Test at a glance:
- Activate your kit online
- Register your kit with your profile using the code included with it.
- Collect your cat's DNA
- Use the swab provided to collect skin cells from inside your cat's cheek. Swab for 15 seconds to gather a DNA sample.
- Post your sample
- Seal the sample inside the pre-paid return container to send the DNA sample to the lab. After as little as 2-3 weeks, you can view the results online.
- Complete DNA test for cats
- Offers fast results in 3 simple steps: activate the kit online, take a DNA sample and it away for testing
- Detailed analysis:
- Screens for 70+ breeds and populations, multi-generational ancestry, 45 genetic health conditions and 25+ physical traits
- Identifies your cat's blood type
- Extensive knowledge and support: discuss health findings with a vet
*Only for use within the United Kingdom. Please do not use the prepaid return envelope from outside of the UK as the sample may not reach our lab.
- How long does it take to get my results?
- You should receive your results 2-3 weeks after our lab receives your pet's DNA sample. We’ll send you an email when your results are ready. Please note: due to the digital nature of our product your results will be available in your online account only. No physical report will be mailed.
- How can I track my Wisdom Panel sample online?
- You can follow the progress of your DNA sample online with our test tracker. To see the tracker, log into your account and click on the status of the sample in question.
- Can I get a printed copy of my report?
- For most Wisdom Panel™ results, the option to download and print a Technical Report is available by visiting your pet's “highlight” tab. At the bottom of that page, you'll find a button that says "Download Technical Report".
- Can a Wisdom Panel test determine the sex of the dog tested?
- It can. The report will always default to the gender of the dog that was entered at activation, but we are able to see the dog's genetic gender in the raw data.
- Can I DNA test my puppy?
- Yes! Wisdom Panel is designed for dogs of all ages and is safe and easy to use at any stage in a dog's life. That said, we recommend waiting until a puppy has been weaned to prevent cross-contamination from skin and other cells within the mother’s milk. Also, please note, it can be very difficult to observe breed traits in puppies as they are growing and developing rapidly. Most dogs will not achieve their final mature physical traits until they are at least one to two years of age.